efirin scent leaf

Efirin is one great vegetable. Add about 1/2 - 1 cup of water to the blender, shake and pour into the pot as well. Thanks .How can one treat cough with It in children . Thanks a lot a friend of mine recommended me to take lots of it when am having typhoid.. In his hometown, this soup is known as Eweluje soup. Spices: cayenne pepper, bouillon (or maggi cubes), ground crayfish, and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat. These 7 Health Benefits Of It Will Wow You Instructions Remove stems from basil leaves and rinse. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Picture of scent leaf (efirin) Scent leaf and ovulation. Scent leaf is called Efirin by the Yorubas, Nchuanwu by the Igbos and Daidoya by the Hausas. Please how do I use the seeds from this plant to derive the other benefits? What is scent leaf? Maintenance of the eyes. Cook for 10 minutes with the pot covered. If you suffer from diarrhea, mules or other stomach disorders, then a … Also Read: Never Liked Scent Leaf (Efirin)? I used to bug my husband endlessly to make it every week until I eventually learned to make it myself! All Rights Reserved. The stick of this leaf is being used by some people as a local chewing stick. The leaf contains various nutrients and minerals which confer numerous health benefits on the plant. One taste of Efirin soup and you will be hooked! If you are the type of person that eats late at night, it is likely you will experience indigestion and bloating. Add your cooked beef and stock. Scent leave aids digestion. Scent leave aids digestion. Cooked it for the first time yesterday but i put the efirin blended with fresh pepper at the end. Like half glass of it. Thank you so much for this information. Popularly known as efirin by the Yorubas, nchanwu by the Ibos and daidoya by northerners, the leaf, which is highly nutritional, is quite common in Nigeria.. Scent leaves. Thanks dear. The leaf is commonly used in my town for virtually all the health issues mentioned .It’s efficacy is not in dispute. Contact me on +234 8030961945. Thank God for the healing power he deposited in this leaf around us. 4 Comments. Scent leaf decoction is used in treatment of mental illness. The oil extracted from its leaves has been described to be active against several species of bacteria and fungi. Nchanwu oil can be used as food preservative due to its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. Side effects of scent leaf. Scent leaf decoction is used in treatment of mental illness. 1. scent leaves? Your email address will not be published. Efirin soup, also known as Scent leaf soup, Eweluje Soup or Nigerian black soup, is an incredibly delicious Nigerian soup, traditionally eaten with fufu dishes. From recent finding scent leaf has been found to be useful in the medication for people living with human immunodefficiency virus (HIV) and Acquired immune defficiency syndrom(AIDS). Efirin (in Yoruba) is like a local basil, which is commonly called ‘scent leaf’. Only 16 left in stock - order soon. Popularly known as efirin by the Yorubas, nchanwu by the Ibos and daidoya by northerners, the leaf, which is highly nutritional, is quite common in Nigeria. Ghanaian Sun Dried Nunum Efirin Scent Leaf (50g) $16.95 $ 16. Scent leaf can be used fresh or dried in making foods like black soup, pepper soup and egusi soup. Efirin, daidoya, nchanwu or scent leaf, whose botanical name is Ocimum gratissimum, is a tropical plant species that belongs to the family of Labiatae. Use in various soup preparations It is the chief ingredient in cooking Edikang Ikong soup. Nchanwu/scent leaves/clove basil. WhatsApp. Scent leaf is rich in Vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight. The principal mechanism of MAO inhibitor action is: I am a Living Testimony, HIV Treatment is Effective in Nigeria, Says NEPWHAN Coordinator, Vaginal Discharge is Normal, it Shows You’re Healthy – Gynaecologists Explain, Women Affairs Minister, Community Pharmacists, Walk Against COVID-19. I can make the supply to you. The common Basil has a distinctive smell and taste depending on the way of cultivation. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The picture on your write up is that Mint, Mentha piperita and not Ocimum gratissimum. Very delicipus soup. The two of them are called scent leaf in Nigeria and that I think is where the mix up comes from. But if you live outside Nigeria, it is quite tricky to get. I forgot the south and east name for this veg. Scent Leaves, Its Medicinal Uses & Their Side Effects April 6, 2019 by Dr Ruth Eze As bacterial infections continue to develop further resistance against antibiotics, scent leaf also known as Ocimum gratissimum or basil leaves, seem to be some of the medicinal herbs that can control them. The leaves are green and purple in color and are a lot larger than traditional mint leaves. Scented Leaf(Efirin) $ 3.50. If you are the type of person that eats late at night, it is likely you will … Kiss you All! So they can even be used as a mosquito repellent? Thanks, Take 8leaves of saintleave, and 6 of utazi leaves, clean in a running water, pound together,, until well mixed! Efirin soup is truly one of my favorite Nigerian soups. Only 5 left in stock - order soon. Drink while it is still warm Scent leave can be used to treat stomach ache, diarrhoea, chronic dysentry and vomitin. Click one of our member below to chat on. Antibiotics kills good and the bad but plants will have effect on the bad but will leave the good. Pinterest. Efinri or Scent leaf is a highly nutritional plant very popular in many part of Africa, usually used in preparation of pepersoup, soup and has a very delighful aroma. Scent leaves can also be used for the prevention and treatment of malaria, catarrh, cough and fever. Nchanwu seeds can be infused for treating urinary infections,gonorrhoea infection, vaginal douches for vaginitis. Waiting for the results, I enjoy eating it raw , I eat some quantity every day. Check out these delectable traditional African soups! You could cook it either poorly or richly and still gives you satisfaction. mail meokezieonyinyeloveth@gmail.com, Scent leaves is same thing as Basil leaves. I used this fat burner product: Am going to give it a trial. $23.98 $ 23. I just drank some. Bitter leaves I have 2 corrections to make on your writing. However, for acute malaria or malaria that has become full blown, you may need to consult a health practitioner, You can only get all the health benefits from the local scent leaf, Email me for the worldwide delivery okezieonyinyeloveth@gmail.com. You are right about giving good breadth but scent leaf kills the bad bacteria only and leave the good. Our bodies are made up of bacteria good and bad. Vitamin A is … It stimulates ovulation and libido in women as well as increasing their chances of getting pregnant. Name: Scent Leaf (Ocimum gratissimum) Hausa Daidoya Igbo Nchuanwu Yoruba Efinrin Many people see scent leaves just as a seasoning for salads and other delicacies. I have spent so much on root canal therapy. If it is too thick, add just a little bit of water about a 1/2 cup at a time. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! This was the result. Thanks. The "efirin" is a very peculiar plant in the tropics. For a nutritious low carb meal, enjoy with cauliflower rice or one of the following low carb fufu dishes! Thanks for this wonderful blog on the health benefits of Nchanwu. Blend basil leaves with egusi seeds and pour the mixture into a pot. I appreciate, cause I discovered exactly what I was taking a look for. Add palm oil, cayenne pepper, maggi (bouillon), and crayfish. But that meant I would go months without eating my beloved soup. Eating … Add palm oil, cayenne pepper, maggi (bouillon), and crayfish. i am very grateful and thankful to God for creating such a leaf. Scent leave aids digestion. Ocimum gratissimum, also known as clove basil, African basil, and in Hawaii as wild basil, is a species of Ocimum.It is native to Africa, Madagascar, southern Asia, and the Bismarck Archipelago, and naturalized in Polynesia, Hawaii, Mexico, Panama, West Indies, Brazil, and Bolivia. When left to dry and burnt, this leaves could serve as a mosquito repellent. Ground Egusi (melon) seeds: You don't have to include egusi seeds but I love the texture and flavor it introduces. Scent leaf is a common type of plant which has a distinctive smell and taste. African countries like Nigeria, Ghana and Cameroun use Ocimum gratissimum (scent leaf) for both nutritional and medicinal purposes. 1. Ocimum gratissimum, basil, or “scent leaf”, as Nigerians love to call it, is a tropical plant species. Please can you supply to USA?. Scent leaf is a well known fertility booster. Even in dry season If you are the type of person that eats late at night, it is likely you will … Updated on Oct 22, 2020. « Peppered Snails - Nigerian Snail Recipe. Drink, Every hidden ailment in your body will suddenly burst out. This soup serves 6 and contains 1 net carb per serving. The aqueous extracts of the scented leaf can be taken to … Scent leave has immense health benefits such as easy bowel evacuation and weight management. Get ready to lose weight, look amazing and be in your best health ever! I thought she was wasting her time, but now I know she wasn’t. https://s96.me/fit and I reached the ideal weight. Serve and enjoy! FREE Shipping. Regards Dawn. Video & audio calls not allowed, Hi! Scent Leaf Aids Digestion. Home » Efirin Soup (Nigerian Scent Leaf Soup/Black Soup), Published on Aug 15, 2020. 95. My wife, who is Ibo, uses it often. Scent leave can be used to treat oral infections. Thanks, Basil is another name it is called…. If so how much would you sa? Taking the juice extracted from scent leaf can relieve bloating. African Basil leaf or Scent leaf as the case may be, also known as Ocimumgratissimum as its botanical name, then the Yoruba referred to it as EFIRIN, NCHANWU by the igbo, DAIDOYA in the northern part of Nigeria Basil leaf is an herb. I have scent leave for sale in my home garden. I had never tasted Efirin soup when growing up in Nigeria but my husband grew up eating it. There will still be quite a bit left in the blender because the mixture is very thick. It is a shrub that grows up to 1-2m in height. This post may contain affiliate links. If you live in Nigeria, scent leaf is quite popular and you can get it from most market places. abghm33@gmail.com. The Scent Leaf-"EFINRIN" The scent leaf the Yoruba call it "Efirin" is an important vegetable.It's manifold medicinal usages. Scent leaf farming in Nigeria can earn you N200,000 months if you do it in a big way. Stock or water. Thanks. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It is used in the treatment of fungal infections, fever, cold and catarrh.Squeezed nchanwu leaves are applied on the. Scent leave aids digestion. I specialize in creating mouthwatering recipes with rich, bold and spicy flavors. No part of the content can be copied without due acknowledgement of www.pharmanewsonline.com as the by-line of the story. Bye, How can i use it to cure pile and give more eraction. 1.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating. In fact magical! But I have to dry it and packed since it is far away. Scoop out and sieve mixture , adding hot water(half cup of hot water)! I eventually found some Japanese mint leaves that came very close and tasted almost exactly the same as when I made Efirin soup. Scent leaves is called “ireru” used in diet especially after child delivery by Ebira people of Central Nigeria. I just did last night ! Botanically known as Ocimumgratissimum, basil or scent leaf as Nigerians love to call it, is a tropical plant/ specie. And lastly, scent leaf can be incorporated into mosquito coils, incense, creams or … Currently unavailable. Since it's more compact, you only need 1/2 to 1 cup depending on the quantity you're making. how can some one take it for loss of weight?? God Bless you man. Efirin or scent leaf is known for its distinct aroma and medicinal functions which include aiding digestion, treating catarrh and malaria, treating nausea, wound healing, preserving food and many more. As you follow the aforementioned processes accurately, be assured of an effective treatment. Taylor, could you use dried scent leaf? 748. Privacy Policy. The aqueos extracts of the scented leaf can be taken to relief ear ache and colon pains. Is very good in cooking soup cos it cures pile and gives men erection. From recent findings, scent leaf has proved to be useful in the medication for people living with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), and Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome virus AIDS. If you are the type of person that eats late at night, it is likely you will … Drink brewing scent leaves as tea able to treat digestive problems such as diarrhea, … 4.6 out of 5 stars 9. Very helpful health education. The first time I tasted this soup, I was floored! First, remove the stems from the basil leaves and rinse. Scented Leaf(Efirin) quantity It can not kill all the bacteria in the mouth.l, it is not possible. Try. Efirin Soup (Nigerian Scent Leaf Soup/Black Soup), efirin soup, nigerian black soup, nigerian scent leaf soup. Each Nigerian tribe has different name for scent leaf such as; the Ibibio call it Ntonng, Yoruba call it Efinrin, Hausa call it Daidoya while the Ibo or Igbo tribe call it Nchanwu. I have found it very helpful for weight loss. The. No reviews. Facebook. Required fields are marked *. How can someone use it for poor ejaculations, I don’t know why i hv bn so lazy in taking this wonderful leaves, when i was taking it regularly i usually feel so well, burns fat, n cleanses ur system making feel so free n energetic, I am in USA and can not find Scent Leaf .. The team typically replies in a few minutes. I have a big farm. Scent leaf has numerous medical uses. $3.95 shipping. This recipe has been on my list to post for a few years. Contact me on +234 8030961945, Do you need large quantities of scent leaves? 98. © 2020, Pharmanews Limited. This soup has an amazing texture and flavor that reminds me of Nigerian Banga soup. 2. I need the seeds please. This soup serves 6 and contains 1 net carb per serving. While most people are looking around for the type of business to do and make money, many do not know how lucrative it would be for them to look towards vegetable farming in Nigeria. If you want to make use of scent leaves to cure malaria, use it to make tea and … Hope this helps! Copyright © 2020 Low Carb Africa. Learn how your comment data is processed. These Japanese mint leaves (known as perilla shiso) are not the same as regular mint leaves or basil leaves. 2. Nigerian Scent leaves: I use about two cups for this recipe. Efirin is not meaty kind of soup. Scent leaf is a homegrown plant, it’s botanical name ocimum gratissimum and locally called Efinrin by Yorubas, daidoya by Hausas and nchawu by Igbos. WhatsApp chat only! 0. Taste for salt and add some if you need it. Better Homes and Gardens Crisp Fall Leaves Wax Cubes - 4-Pack. Add the leaves and ground egusi seeds to a blender with a little water and blend till pureed. Scent leaf (Ocimum gratissimum) is a type of basil leaf grown in Africa, South Asia, Mexico, Hawaii, and many other countries. African Sun Dried Efirin Scent Leaf 25 g (Pack of 10) Brand: African Sun. Pour roughly 1 cup of water into the blender, give it a shake and pour it into the pot. The health benefits of scent leaf cannot be over-emphasized. Efirin/scented Leaf Soup by Hauwa1: 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2009. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Do you need large quantities of Yes, you can use dried scent leaves as well. Say bye bye to smelly mouth as scent leave will kill all the bacteria in your mouth and also prevent tooth decay and bad breath. This blog about 11 Amazing Health Benefits of Scent Leaves has helped me a How and what is the therapy combination? It’s a friendly one. Ocimum gratissimum, basil, or “scent leaf”, as Nigerians love to call it, is a tropical plant species. Thanks a lot for your posting on O. gratissimum. Description. Pour the blended mix into a pot. It can also be brewed as tea or juiced to be used as medicinal herbs to help treat various illnesses. Efirin soup goes great with rice or fufu. Boil the scent leaf and utazi leaf together and drink, you will experience the wonderful things God has put in those leaves. It is a feisty but charming little herb and I love to discover more and more creative ways to use it! You can use water if you don't have stock but will need to adjust the spices. , Nigeria Records 437 New Confirmed Cases of COVID-19, 3 Deaths, Total 46, 577. Healthy Tips Of Scent Leaf (Efirin/Nchawu/) By Christy. I can supply large quantities every week Thanks very much for this information, I like the leaf sooo much, From recent finding scent leaf has been found to be useful in the medication for people living with human immunodefficiency virus (HIV) and Acquired immune defficiency syndrom(AIDS). Efinrin, known as sweet basil leaves in English, is a highly nutritional plant that is quite popular in Nigeria and known for its delightful aroma and sweet taste. This current post about boiled scent leaves being a good kidney cleanser is it tested ? The Efirin scent leaf is known for its characteristic aroma and healing functions, including digestion, treating colds and malaria, treating nausea, healing wounds, preserving food, and so on. Bring to … Write me on this email. Indigestion. Mention @lowcarbafrica or tag #lowcarbafrica on instagram and please leave a comment or rating below. Current post about scent leaves being a good kidney cleanser ,is it tested? All content on this website (including text, graphics and pictures) is the property of Pharmanews Limited and protected by local and international copyright laws. It keeps well in the fridge for up to a week and can be frozen. Your email address will not be published. Pls no one should try it ,burst out abi ,to the ICU unit in the hospital.no body should try what they don’t know. It is used in the treatment of fungal infections, fever, cold and catarrh.Squeezed efirin leaves are applied on the skin for treating skin diseases and ringworm. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. Efirin, Daidoya, Nchanwu or scent leaf, whose botanical name is Ocimum gratissimum, is a tropical plant species that belongs to the family of Labiatae. Add the palm oil, cayenne pepper, bouillon, and crayfish. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! They may be right, but this wonderful plant serves more than that purpose, there are wide range of medicinal benefits you can derive from scent leaves. (Here the singular noun camel is used to refer to all the camels. Hello Ruth. Blend basil leaves with egusi seeds and pour the mixture into a pot. All rights reserved. Don't make it too watery, because the soup will thicken some more when left overnight in the fridge. The aqueous extracts of the scented leaf can be taken to relieve ear ache and colon pains. Twitter. I’m a living testimony for the improvement when I try chewing this scent leave for only but an hour. It goes by many names, including African basil, tree basil, clove basil, and wild basil. lot, is very well written. See Disclosure. Add about 1/2 - 1 cup of water to the blender, shake and pour into the pot as well. Palm Oil: This gives the soup a very rich, traditional, and earthy flavor. October 26, 2019. Solves indigestion problems. The parts of the plant that grow above the ground are used to … Researchers have found that using scent leaf or sweet basil and bitter leaf in combination or singly could stop the growth of breast, lung and prostate cancers. The "Efirin" (scent leaf) is an important vegetable sold in large markets in Lagos Area because of its manifold medicinal usages. For the longest time, I would have to wait till someone was visiting from Nigeria so they could bring some to the U.S. Please how do I use it for indigestion, and also is it good for ulcer treatment? Remove stems from basil leaves and rinse. Efirin, Scent Leaf, Local Basil, whatever you want to call it, I enjoyed this Efirin Pesto Pasta dish and licked my plate because yasssss! Description. By Tayo. If the soup is too thick, add some more water, about 1/2 cup at a time till you reach your desired consistency. It is a shrub that grows up to 1-2m in height. Popularly known as efirin by the Yorubas, nchanwu in Ibo and daidoya in the northern part of Nigeria, the leaf which is highly nutritional is quite common in Nigeria. Welcome to Low Carb Africa, the home of Keto & Low Carb African-inspired recipes. The "efirin" is a very peculiar plant in the tropics. Taste for salt and add some if you need it. This is one of the easiest Nigerian soups to cook. I think people around me have enjoyed it enough, its time to share with the world. It can cure malaria. You can use the green leaves only or both green and purple leaves to make the scent leaf soup. Does it go by another name? Many thanks and keep up the good work. Scent leaf has a lot of nutritional benefits and is commonly used to treat constipation and irritable bowel syndrome, and to improve gut health. New Heights Pharma Unveils Omron M7 Intelli IT, Others in Lagos, Why Nigeria Needs Consultant Pharmacists – Pounds, Just In : UK Approves Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine, Begins Rollout Next Week, Be Magnanimous in Victory, Akintayo Charges New PSN executives, 93rd PSN conference: The Triumph of Tenacity. It is enjoyed by many tribes in Nigeria and used to make different nutrition-packed soups that are eaten with fufu. Thank you! Efirin soup (scent leaf) is a delicious and healthy soup that everyone should try to eat once a week. There is this special vegetable called Efirin in the west. Have a great day. Contact me on 2348067148878, I buy scent leave & bitter leave 08035614923…what hap only, What Is The Combination For These Infections Mentioned, Comment:I enjoy the leaf so much and it helps for my ears. It comes in purple too, I’m in Nigeria I can deliver it any part of the world . So I searched around African, Asian and Hispanic markets to see if I could get something close. Add cooked beef and stock and cook for 10 minutes with the pot covered. Meat (cooked): You can use any cooked meat you have and can even substitute with fish. I am a farmer and can supply to US and any part of the world . Yes, scent leaf has amazing health … Scent leaves are amazing.

Wing Places Near Me, I Rep That West Lyrics, What Happens To Animals Swallowed Alive, Hospital Service Line Examples, Cantaloupe Soup Yogurt, Outrunning Karma Nightcore Roblox Id, Gates Of Alexander Location, Swamp Tertiary Consumers,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *